Meldrum is registered with Companies House (company number 11701447).
1. Contact Details
- If you need to contact Meldrum you can:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at: Pantheon Building, Lancaster Road, Dunston, NE11 9JW
- The contact name for all privacy queries is Simon Bissell (Group Finance Director).
2. Purpose of processing
Although we undertake very limited processing of data, and especially personal data, the following activities are undertaken by Meldrum;
- Email correspondence is stored, securely, for the duration of any service contracts or projects are undertaken. Only emails that have project information are stored, all other emails are deleted. Deleted emails are purged every six months.
- Project data is archived, via our secure data warehouse software, and has no retention policy specified.
- The contact forms used on the websites listed above convert their data to an email format and any data received is treated as email correspondence (as detailed above).
- Google Analytics are used on all of the listed websites. This data is used to help improve website design and user experience. The collection of this data requires a cookie to be placed on your device(s) and information passed to Google Analytics is in a generalised format. No personal data is transmitted to, or stored, by Google with reference to the tracking cookies.
- Recording of incident and accident information.
- Personal data may be shared with HMRC, our bank and our pensions administrator as required in order for us to administrate our payroll and pensions functions.
3. Fair processing Notice
Meldrum Construction Services are committed to complying with EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Being GDPR aware we will only process (i.e. collect, store and use) personal data in a manner that is compatible with GDPR. Our intention is that we will handle personal data fairly and lawfully with justification.
We will respect your privacy and will only process your information to support our engagement with you. We endeavour to ensure that our information is accurate, relevant, adequate and not excessive.
4. Information we collect about you
- The information we collect about you comes from:
Information you have given to us during the course of our engagement.
- Forms you have completed and given to us.
- Information that you have given us over the telephone
- Emails that you have sent to us
- Details of any checks we have made to ensure the accuracy of the information we hold
5. Personal data we hold
In order to carry out our business, we hold data in relation to personal details such as:
- Telephone numbers
- Email addresses
- Employment details
- Education and qualification history
- Health Information (where necessary)
- Financial details
In order to carry out our business we handle personal data from a range of individuals. This includes:
- Consultants and other professional experts
- Former and potential members of staff
- Business or / other contacts
Any disclosures of personal data are always made with the necessary security controls in place. Information is only shared with those organisations who have a need to know, and with the consent of the individual concerned where appropriate.
In order for our Google Analytics reporting to work our website will attempt to place a cookie onto your browsing device when you visit the site.
A cookie is a very small text file that your web browser places on your device’s storage / hard drive. Our cookies are only used to store a unique identifier. They do not store any information about you, your orders or any password or credit card information.
You do not have to accept our cookies in order for our website to work.
6. Data retention periods
The data we hold is only held for the period of time that it is relevant. The full policy on data retention can be found in section 7 of our Data Retention Policy.
7. Data security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
8. Your (individual) rights under GPDR
Meldrum complies with the GDPR and as such every ‘data subject’ has the following rights;
1. The right to be informed.
2. The right of access.
3. The right to rectification.
4. The right to erasure.
5. The right to restrict processing.
6. The right to data portability.
7. The right to object.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
9. Your right to withdraw consent at any time
Should you wish to withdraw your consent for Meldrum to store your data please email email@example.com and let us know. All legitimate requests will be processed accordingly and your data will be removed from our systems and you will be notified by return email.
10. Your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Although Meldrum will aim to deal with any complaints directly you may contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) should you be unhappy with how Meldrum handles personal data.
You can contact the ICO using the information located at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
11. What happens if you fail to provide personal data
As discussed in this document, Meldrum handles very little personal information. Failure for you to provide personal information to Meldrum could result in;
- An inability to respond to your queries and complaints.
- Not being able to pay you / administrate your pension.
12. Automation of personal data
There is no automation of personal data undertaken by Meldrum.
13. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
14. Implementation of Policy
This Policy shall be deemed effective as of 25th May 2018. No part of this Policy shall have retroactive effect and shall thus apply only to matters occurring on or after this date.