Our very own project manager, Andrew Widdowson won an individual award as community champion for his work on Yarm School at the considerate constructors leading lights awards afternoon at Lancaster Hotel, central London.
Tracy Cuthbertson, Business Development Director said “I’m very proud of Andrew Widdowson and our entire Meldrum team for striving for excellence on our site at Yarm. Winning an individual community champion award for Considerate Contractors for all the Social Value we have done on the site is a great achievement. As the only North East contractor to be represented in London at the national awards, it’s a testament to the hard work Andrew and all at Meldrum do!”
Andrew, Tracy and the team have driven and attended many initiatives, demonstrating genuine commitment to support the community in and around Yarm Prep School, including but not limited to:-
- Holding a drawing contest and construction talk at Yarm Prep School.
- Volunteering to fundraise for Oasis Community Housing Homeless Charity.
- Attending the Teesside student union charity quiz night.
- Supporting a Careers Fair at Yarm School – showcasing the construction industry.
- Mentoring 1no Degree Student, 3no Sixth Form Students and 1no secondary school student through work experience, which led to a full time job for the degree student here at Meldrum
- Donating to Yarm Rugby Club via the Meldrum Foundation after an unfortunate break in.
Andrew Widdowson, commented “An individual award takes a team to achieve. A lot of the criteria is already met by our strong core values within the Meldrum Group and the hard work of every body at Meldrum”
You can read more coverage on the awards night here:
Construction’s “Leading Lights” recognised | Construction Enquirer News