After years of repeat work and building a strong relationship with St Thomas More Catholic School, Meldrum Facilities were appointed to carry out internal modification & reconfiguration works. St Thomas More Catholic School is located in Blaydon, Tyne & Wear, and provides for the educational needs of 11 to 18 year-olds.
- An existing classroom was split into 2 rooms, to be purposed as a medical training suite and office space.
- 2 existing offices were merged into one large office incorporating some of the external corridor space.
- An existing classroom was divided into 2 new classrooms.
Existing corridors and fire escape routes were reconfigured to suit the new layout and all of the works were complete with consideration for wider corridor spaces.
Meldrum Building Services assisted in a full strip out of existing and redundant services within the areas, including a new section board fed from another area of the school. New distribution boards were then installed and the existing school data cabinet was relocated for the duration of the works, ensuring working out of hours to secure no loss of service to the main school internet and telephony.
We then completed fit-out works which included:-
- Skimming and decorating of all walls.
- Replacement of skirting boards.
- New flooring throughout, including classrooms and offices.
- Installation of suspended ceilings with energy saving LED light fittings and efficient low surface temperature radiators.
During the works the area was closed off and all pupils were redirected, with the rest of the school still live/operational.