Meldrum Construction were appointed to complete this full internal and part external renovation of a former night club into 12 apartments for Newcastle-based property developers, Lugano Group.
Renovating the tired and dated space has provided much needed town central living space and is a huge step forward in the regeneration of Hexham.
Meldrum Construction worked in synergy with sister companies under Meldrum Group to offer a package of fully integrated services. This included Meldrum Civil Engineering and Meldrum Facilities Management.
Works carried out are as follows:-
- Roof coverings – installed a new single ply membrane to the existing roof
- Altered openings and installed new windows
- Installed new raised acoustic floors
- Installed new metal stud and plasterboard partitions
- Installed new MF ceilings
- Installed new door sets & ironmongery
- Installed new services throughout, with electric heating and hot water cylinders to each apartment
- Designed and installed new kitchens
- Installed new bathrooms, vanities, baths and showers
- Full decoration internally and externally
- New floor coverings to all apartments and common areas
Due to the location of the building, there was restricted access, working in a town centre meant a narrow access road to the rear of the site. Resulting in meticulous planning of deliveries and equipment retrieval.
The former nightclub is attached to an in-use commercial property, therefore noise levels and a live environment within close proximity were big considerations.