This project is a new 107 unit Student Accommodation for Kenworth Student Living due to open in 2018. The works consist of:
- 3 towers of 3 & 4 storeys erected to Light Gauge Steel Frames (LGS) and metal deck with timber roof truss and sarking over the top
- LGS is over-clad with an insulated rain screen system which is subsequently rendered
- Roofs are finished with slates to the pitched sections and Sarnafil single ply membrane to the flat parts
- Windows to the front facades are aluminium glazed and the rear windows are PVCu
- A listed building cottage linked to the rear of the new central tower building is to be rebuilt in its original stone facades
- 2 lifts for access to the accommodation
All rooms are self contained and built to very high-quality specification. Each student will benefit from: an en-suite shower room, kitchen area, desk area, bed, lounge seat and TV. In the rebuilt cottage there will also be communal laundry facilities and a common area fitted with couches, desks, pool tables and TV lounge.