This project involved the removal of the façade to the existing sports hall to enable a new 2-storey extension to be constructed using a steel frame.
- Large fitness suite and female changing area to the first floor, with gymnasium and male changing to the ground floor
- Changing facilities are complete with new showers, benching and an accessible toilet
- The state of the art gym and fitness suite are also fitted with specialist flooring to allow various activities to be carried out
- Both floors are complete with offices and storage rooms
- Externally, the new façade continues the theme of fair faced concrete blockwork with sinusoidal and rainscreen cladding
- All works on Cardinal Hume were carried out in a live school environment with the health and safety of the staff and pupils paramount, as well as keeping disruption to teaching to an absolute minimum