Meldrum Structural & Civil Engineering installed 3 large rope-spinning machine bases and a warehouse extension at the Bridon Bekaert main plant in Wallsend, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
Bridon Bekaert is a vibrant specialist rope manufacturing company that provides steel wire and synthetic ropes/cord solutions to thousands of customers globally.
Maintaining a live working warehouse comes with many challenges, but Meldrum Structural & Civil Engineering have an array of experience working in live environments.
Key activities include:-
- Installed 3nr overhead cranes and gantries to allow the cranes to move around the building
- The re-route of overhead and below-ground services
- Creating detailed temporary works designs for formwork and earthwork support systems
- Fabricating, supplying and erecting circa a 90T structural steel for the warehouse
- Construction of substation (high voltage electricity system)
- 2 open canopied sections
- Installation of lighting and small power supply by our internal building services company
Projects such as this require meticulous planning and phased handover to accommodate the client’s needs. We were able to allow Bridon Bekaert to continue production throughout the works.
All the while still maintaining client staff access to their work sites.
External work includes the construction of circa 4000m2 Reinforced Concrete Service yard along with a new surface water drainage network complete with a large petrol interceptor and attenuation system