Meldrum Civil Engineering were appointed the construction of a new two-storey commercial building and associated external works and services for UK company, Site Link Communications Ltd. The building will be used to offer communication and telecommunications solutions to their clients across the UK.
Consisting of offices, a workshop & dispatch, a conference room, a washroom, tea points, toilets and an archive room.
All associated drainage and hard/soft landscaping were installed, including a bike rack and store, palisade fencing, gravel, and tarmac with white lining.
- Excavate & construct pad & tie beam foundations
- Steel Frame
- Composite Cladding System
- Curtain Wall Façade
- S278 Entrance Works
- External works including 13 bay parking area and service yard
- An adaptable and fluid approach to changing client brief
Meldrum Building Services
The scope of works relating to the mechanical services installation consisted of the following:-
- Extension of the regional electric company’s incoming supply, to feed main LV panel board (MSB)
- Supplementary equipotential bonding and circuit earthing
- Provision of distributed power
- Provision of electric vehicle chargers in the car park
- Structured cabling network to outlets
- Sub-main cables from the main lv panel board (MSB) to distribution boards and the fire alarm panel
- Fire alarm system to serve the building
- Disabled refuge communication system
- Disabled call alarms in accessible WC/shower
- Access control system
- CCTV system
- Intruder alarm system to protect the building
- A lightning protection system, to protect the building by reducing risks, should a lightning strike
- Local extract ventilation systems throughout most of the building
- Variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system to provide heating or cooling to the building
- Electric Heating system for smaller area’s not covered by the VRF
- Emergency escape lighting
- External lighting
- Lighting and small power installation
The site is crossed by a high voltage powerline which required working in a height restricted zone for external works as well as affecting siting of the building and plant required for construction of the completed building.