Meldrum Construction have successfully handed over the – Institute of Technology- for NA College in Washington. Construction was chosen to design and construct a new extension onto the existing ‘live’ NA College to provide IOT automotive training facilities with new offices, student entrances, new student toilets and showers, workshop, and teaching spaces and carparking improvements with hard and soft landscaping as well as alterations to the existing building in relation to consequential improvements.
- Training workshop for Nissan.
- Two classrooms
- Breakout room
- Meeting room
- VR room
- Construct pad and strip foundations
- Construct crane mat
- Metal decking delivery
- Under-slab drainage popups
- Precast concrete stairs
- Erect hot and cold rolled steel frame
- Intumescent paint to the steel frame
- Ground floor load-bearing slab
- Install roof cladding, in parapet inner cladding, gutters & ridge flashings
- Install man safe
- Install PV onto the roof
- Substructure block & brick courses to cladding level
- Metal deck install, stud weld, mesh and concrete mezzanine.
- Wall cladding & parapet flashings
- Install curtain walling
- Installation of external doors and 1nr sectional overhead door/shutter
- Installation of internal finishes i.e., joinery, wall tiling, decoration, wall and floor finishes
Structural and Civil Engineering works:-
- Below-ground masonry works
- Above-ground masonry works
- Grouting columns
- RC column encasements
- Installation of both Internal and external underground drainage inc. hydro-brakes, attenuation crate system and field rains.
- Construct new level access pathways between the new and existing college facility main entrances, steps, ramp and also extend car parking the existing car parking spaces which involved white lining and the installation of new bollards
- Re-coat the existing facilities wall cladding to match in with the new cladding finish
Building Services works:-
- Mechanical works 1st and 2nd fix
- Electrical works 1st and 2nd fix
- Plumbing works 1st and 2nd fix
- Testing and commissioning
- Works within the existing facility include the replacement of fluorescent lighting in lieu of LED alterations and interfacing and connections.