We are looking for an experienced individual who will work alongside the Department Manager.
The successful candidate will liaise with the Department Manager regarding workload, material requirements and labour. The main duties include:
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and policies; including supplier approvals.
- Ensure the company is compliant with EN1090 and QEMS.
- Procurement and documentation of all materials for the department including control of goods in/out in accordance with EN1090 and QEMS.
- Procurement of structural designers and sub-contractors in-line with the agreed project procurement strategy;
- Support the ongoing maintenance and calibration of equipment, along with ensuring product traceability.
- Management information throughout the design and fabrication process of each project
- Manage and resolve technical queries on drawings and specifications to ensure the project is delivered to site on time
- Managing costs on a wide variety of projects;
- Undertaking costs value analysis including cost value reporting;
- Price up variations and obtain agreement with clients;
- Valuing works as they progress and agreeing final accounts;
- Compile programme based cost to complete / project budgets;
- Identify and support the management of project risks and opportunities;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Assist with the preparation of contractual claims
We promote a culture which recognises innovative, creative and new ideas which adds value and helps the business grow. This means you will be able to put your stamp on the business.
To support you in achieving the best results, we offer fully funded training in a variety of fields, including technical, managerial and safety training.
We pride ourselves in our twice-yearly Staff Forums, where all employees are invites to celebrate and recognise their achievements with awards, drinks and food.
Meldrum is an equal opportunities employer, which means that the Company is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally.